The Communications department oversees and assists the various district radio telecommunications programs that result in qualified telecommunications operators, communications "watchstanders", and an unstructured network of Coast Guard-approved fixed land, mobile, and direction-finding radion stations or "facilities" that can placed into service quickly in service of the Auxiliary, the Coast Guard, or the nation.
Communications is responsible for or facilitates the following:
- Coordinating authorized Auxiliary activities in support of Coast Guard Operations ("operational communications")
- Augmenting the Coast Guard communications system, when required ("contingency communications")
- Communicating urgent matters of official Auxiliary business ("operational communications") Assisting national resources in time of disaster ("contingency communications")
- Training and qualifying Auxiliary telecommunications operators, Coast Guard communications watchstanders
- Assisting the Director of Auxiliary (DIRAUX) in inspecting and qualifying Auxiliary radio facilities (stations).
Roy L. Lay, DSO-CM
- Roy L. Lay, DSO-CM
- James P. Stewart, ADSO-CM
- John A. Olson, ADSO-CM
- Vince J. Oppedisano, ADSO-CM
- Randy L. Houk, ADSO-CM
- William H. Scholz, ADSO-CM
- Philip J. Lonzello, ADSO-CM
- (As of 28 Jan 2017 11:28:56 CST)